Monday, June 9, 2014

Sunset Dahlia and Commissioned Iris

 Sunset Dahlia 31" x 31"

     It is such a wonderful surprise when you paint something, do not really like it; but, once it's finished you really do realize that you like it quite a bit.  This scarf has an incredible esthetic.  At the time that I painted it, I was not overly thrilled by it; however, now that I see it on the bust form, I really like it.  This one was so easy during the wash phase, almost no bleeding and it only took maybe six washed before the water was clear.



 Pink Iris Commission 8" x 48"

     My boyfriend is in the navy and works in a logistics/HR position at headquarters in Ottawa.  His trade is dominated by women, and luckily for me, some of them would like a scarf.  This one was so remarkably easy, it practically painted itself.  I love it when people order simple straight forward designs which I already have completed.  It makes the only hard part choosing the colours they like.  Not that I do not mind a challenge, I love them.  However, when you do something from scratch for someone else, there is always that pressure to be perfect; and, as I have said before many times, this is not an art form for people who expect perfection.  I have no idea how a scarf is going to turn out.  It could look amazing before the steam, then something might happen and it might not come out as I had hoped.  Luckily, this turned out exactly how I wanted it to and I hope that the lovely woman at my boyfriend's work will be pleased with it too.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment