Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Lily Scarf

This lovely pink scarf is the most simple of the designs that I have come up with. I wanted something that was really plain and elegant with not too much pink.




---Template design. Hardest part about silk painting is the line thickness. You can never really get it perfect and I think that I need a smaller tip then just a #5.









---This is what it looked like before I steamed. Lets hope it turned out.



--From start (drawing)-To Finish (painting). This one took me 1.5 days. About 5-6 hours drawing time, 45mins-1hour for stretching and then 7 hours painting.






--This scarf is 8"x48".




--I had some issues with the resist on the border of this piece.

1 comment:

  1. now that's awesome!!! great blog. hey i would love for you to take a look at my blog... hopefully you like my blog as much as i liked yours...

    ReplyDelete