Saturday, December 17, 2011

Victorian Clematis

Growing up the daughter of avid gardeners with green thumbs, I never saw this variety of Clematis. On East the side of the house grew the "Blue" Clematis (I will never understand why in the world of botany everything purple is called "Blue". I'm guessing it's because that's what hue the colour is leaning toward - But, not even blue berries are blue. They're PURPLE!!. Ahem, moving on...), but my parents never grew the white.

After completing this scarf, I was shocked at how many people commented they enjoyed the colour scheme. It reminds me of Victorian wall paper. I can picture a dark library with a wood burning fire place and kerosene lamps catching the glint of the white clematis through a pipe tobacco haze.

The lady who purchased the scarf from me was a background/layout painter where I worked. She has been painting backgrounds for many, many years and it was a huge complement to me that she liked what I painted. Compared to my other scarves, this one does have an air of sophistication and old world class.

I guess I could add this to my, "Evening at the Opera" collection of scarves.












No comments:

Post a Comment